Gift Card Terms and Conditions of Sale and Use
By purchasing or using a River Island Gift Card you accept the terms and conditions below:
Sale of Gift Card
- Sales of River Island Gift Cards made via the link from www.riverisland.com ("Website Sales") are managed by NGC Corp Group Europe Ltd ("ngcEurope") at Crowthorne House, Nine Mile Ride, Crowthorne, Wokingham RG40 3GE registered in England with Company No. 0767967.
- River Island Gift Cards purchased via Website Sales can be purchased in £ sterling with a minimum value of £2.
- Payment can be made via VISA or MasterCard debit or credit card. Payment can also be made by cheque, which is subject to clearing which can take up to ten working days. Cheques must be made payable to NGC Corp Group Europe Ltd and sent to the address above.
- Each transaction is subject to various fraud checks and ngcEurope reserves the right to refuse an order if the payment is subject to additional verification or scrutiny or for any other reason, without providing explanation.
- Gift Cards ordered through Website Sales will be sent to the delivery address stated on the individual order. Deliveries will be made using First Class post, Registered Signed For or Special Delivery via Royal Mail, as specified on the Order. Orders sent by Registered and Special Delivery will require a signature on arrival. Refunds may be available from the Royal Mail for non-delivery of Special Delivery Orders.
- River Island Gift Cards will normally be despatched within three working days unless a specified later delivery date is requested, however, during busy periods despatch can take up to 7 working days. Orders sent by Special Delivery will be delivered before 1pm the next working day. Orders must be placed and paid for by 2pm to qualify for Special Delivery. Where possible ngcEurope will try to meet all delivery requirements but neither ngcEurope nor River Island shall be liable for any loss incurred either directly or indirectly by failure to meet the requested delivery date. 'Loss' in this instance includes any loss of profit, costs, damages, charges, other expenses, consequential losses and non financial losses.
- Risk will pass to the customer upon delivery and title will pass upon receipt of payment in full. Neither ngcEurope nor River Island has any liability for lost, stolen or damaged Gift Cards once risk has passed to the customer at time of delivery.
- Refunds will not be given on the purchase of a River Island Gift Card. once your payment has been received your order can only be cancelled by phoning 01344 985705.
- ngcEurope is not directly linked to River Island or any River Island company and ngcEurope cannot take responsibility for products and services offered by River Island or River Island companies. In addition, River Island shall not be responsible for services offered by ngcEurope and its associated companies.
- The collection and management of your credit card data and personal information which is collected, processed and managed is solely used to authorise payment and is not held by ngcEurope or River Island.
- Gift Card quantities should be checked immediately upon receipt. Any discrepancies must be notified immediately to River Island Customer Service by calling +44(0)344 576 6444. Neither ngcEurope nor River Island can be held responsible for any shortage or loss of any Gift Cards not notified to ngcEurope within seven working days of delivery or the specified delivery date in respect of lost cards.
- Payment is taken at the time of purchase of the Gift Card. Cleared payment is required prior to the despatch of orders. Your credit/debit card statement will read " NGC Corp Group Europe Ltd ".
- ngcEurope cannot be held responsible for failure to meet its service obligations when any failure is brought about due to a cause totally beyond its reasonable control, for example: acts of God, trade disputes; governmental intervention, fire, flood, and disruption to computer and IT infrastructure.
- Breach of these terms and conditions by you will entitle ngcEurope and/or River Island to seek the appropriate legal remedy available for injunction, damages or otherwise.
- Whilst the contents of the gift card website are checked for accuracy, ngcEurope cannot be held responsible for omissions or errors or any statements made on the site. Nor is ngcEurope responsible for any losses incurred if information is used from the website or if accessing the site may result in viruses to your computer equipment.
- The images on the website including trademarks can only be used with the permission of the owner.
- As a UK registered company any disputes with ngcEurope and/or River Island will be subject to resolution under English Law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Use of Gift Card
- River Island Gift Cards can be used in full or part payment for products or services purchased in-store. Gift Cards can be redeemed in all River Island stores in the UK (excluding Selfridges and Jersey), Republic of Ireland and Isle of Man. River Island Gift Cards are not redeemable online. Any currency conversions will be at the up to date exchange rate.
- When you use the Gift Card the amount of your purchase will be deducted from the balance on the Gift Card. You may use the Gift Card as part payment for goods of a higher value than the value on the Gift Card on payment of the difference.
- Gift cards can be activated with a minimum value of £2 and topped up to a maximum of £1,000.
- Gift Cards which are defaced, altered or cancelled will not be accepted.
- Gift Cards cannot be exchanged for cash, refunded & no change will be given. All refunds of goods or services purchased with a River Island Gift Card will be made in accordance with River Island's refund policy. Any refunded amount will be credited to a Gift Card and will not be given in cash.
- Gift Cards should be treated like cash. They will not be replaced if lost, stolen or damaged. Gift Cards are not a cheque guarantee, credit or charge card.
- Gift Cards with a zero balance will expire after 30 days. Gift Card balance can be checked in-store or at www.riverisland.com. If your gift card expires with a balance remaining, you can call +44 (0) 344 576 6444 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, and request for any balance that remained on expiry to be re-issued onto a new gift card, subject to routine security checks
- Gift Cards are valid for 24 months from the last credit, debit or balance enquiry transaction. Any remaining balance will be deducted on expiry.
- River Island may discontinue a Gift Card at any time if in River Island's discretion it deems such action necessary.
- Gift Cards are issued by and remain the property of River Island Clothing Co. Ltd, Chelsea House, Westgate, London W5 1DR.
- River Island may amend the terms and conditions at any time without notice. Nothing in these terms and conditions affects your statutory rights.