RIVER ISLAND GIFT CARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS
When buying or spending a Gift Card or Digital Card you accept the terms and conditions below:
Definitions: Gift Cards shall mean both physical cards (“Physical Gift Cards”) and online cards, received via email (“Digital Gift Cards”).
Buying a Gift Card Online:
- Buying Gift Cards from riverisland.com ("Website Sales") are managed by Diggecard UK Ltd (Diggecard) Trading & Registered office: Crowthorne House, Nine Mile Ride, Crowthorne, Wokingham RG40 3GE registered in England with Company No. 11448044.
- Gift Cards purchased via Website Sales can be purchased in GBP and Euro’s with a minimum value of £2/€2 and maximum value of £250/€250.
- Payment can be made via VISA or Mastercard debit or credit card.
- Each transaction is subject to various fraud checks and Diggecard reserves the right to refuse an order if the payment is subject to additional verification or scrutiny or for any other reason, without providing explanation.
- Physical Gift Cards will be sent to the delivery address stated on the individual order. Orders sent by Registered and Special Delivery will require a signature on arrival.
- Digital Gift Cards will be sent to the email address stated in the individual order. Despatch will usually be immediate but could be up to 48 hours after receipt of payment due to fraud checks.
- Physical Gift Cards will normally be despatched within three working days unless a specified later delivery date is requested, however, during busy periods despatch can take up to 7 working days.
- Where possible Diggecard will try to meet all delivery requirements but neither Diggecard nor River Island shall be liable for any loss incurred either directly or indirectly by failure to meet the requested delivery date. 'Loss' in this instance includes any loss of profit, costs, damages, charges, other expenses, consequential losses and non-financial losses.
- Risk will pass to the customer upon delivery and title will pass upon receipt of payment in full. Neither Diggecard nor River Island has any liability for lost, stolen or damaged Gift Cards, or if Gift Cards are used fraudulently, once risk has passed to the customer at time of delivery.
- Gift Cards cannot be returned or refunded, except in accordance with your legal statutory rights.
- Diggecard is not directly linked to River Island or any River Island company and Diggecard cannot take responsibility for products and services offered by River Island or River Island companies. In addition, River Island shall not be responsible for services offered by Diggecard and its associated companies
- Gift Card quantities should be checked immediately upon receipt. Any discrepancies must be notified immediately to River Island Customer Service by calling +44(0)344 576 6444. Neither Diggecard nor River Island can be held responsible for any shortage or loss of any Gift Cards not notified to Diggecard within 14 working days of delivery or the specified delivery date in respect of lost cards..
- Payment is taken at the time of purchase of the Gift Card. Cleared payment is required prior to the despatch of orders. Your credit/debit card statement will read "River Island GC WOKINGHAM”
- Diggecard cannot be held responsible for failure to meet its service obligations when any failure is brought about due to a cause totally beyond its reasonable control, for example: acts of God, trade disputes; governmental intervention, fire, flood, and disruption to computer and IT infrastructure.
- Breach of these terms and conditions by you will entitle Diggecard and/or River Island to seek the appropriate legal remedy available for injunction, damages or otherwise.
- Whilst the contents of the Gift Card website are checked for accuracy, Diggecard cannot be held responsible for omissions or errors or any statements made on the site. Nor is Diggecard responsible for any losses incurred if information is used from the website or if accessing the site may result in viruses to your computer equipment.
- The images on the website including trademarks can only be used with the permission of the owner.
- As a UK registered company any disputes with Diggecard and/or River Island will be subject to resolution under English Law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Spending a Gift Card:
- Gift Cards are redeemable online at riverisland.com and in all River Island stores in the UK (excluding Voisins), Republic of Ireland and Isle of Man, they can be used in full or part payment for products or services purchased. Any currency conversions will be at the up to date exchange rate.
- When redeeming your Gift Card online, enter the 16-digit card number and the 4-digit PIN number at the payment page of the online checkout. With the exception of the Republic of Ireland, you may not redeem more than five Gift Cards in one single transaction. If you do not have enough funds on your Gift Card to cover the total cost of your order (including delivery), you will need to the cover the balance with another payment method.
- When redeeming your Gift Gard in store, present your Physical Gift Card or present the Gift Card within a Digital Wallet or App. A photograph of a Gift Card taken on a mobile device will not be accepted. Or present a copy of your Digital Gift Card email or present the electronic version of the Digital Gift Card on your mobile device to the cashier at the till point.
- Gift cards can be activated with a minimum value of £2/€2 and a maximum value of £250/€250.
- Gift Cards which are defaced, altered or cancelled will not be accepted
- Gift Cards cannot be exchanged for cash and no change will be given.
- Gift Cards cannot be returned or refunded, except in accordance with your statutory legal rights
- All refunds of goods or services purchased with a River Island Gift Card will be made in accordance with River Island's refund policy. Any refunded amount will be credited to a Refund Card and will not be given in cash.
- Gift Cards should be treated like cash. They will not be replaced if lost, stolen or damaged. Gift Cards are not a cheque guarantee, credit or charge card
- Gift Cards with a zero balance will expire after 30 days
- Gift Card balance can be checked in-store or by clicking here https://wbiprod.storedvalue.com/wbir/clients/riverisland
- Gift Cards are valid for 5 years from the last credit, debit or balance enquiry transaction
- If your Gift card expires with a balance remaining, you can call +44 (0) 344 576 6444 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, and request for any balance that remained on expiry to be re-issued onto a new Gift Card, subject to routine security checks
- River Island may discontinue a Gift Card at any time if in River Island's discretion it deems such action necessary
- Gift Cards are issued by and remain the property of River Island Clothing Co. Ltd, Chelsea House, Westgate, London W5 1DR.
- River Island may amend the terms and conditions at any time without notice. Nothing in these terms and conditions affects your statutory rights.